How to make fudge from scratch
Here at Appleton Sweets, we love fudge! We sell a range of fudge products including various flavoured fudge from Candy Bros, Bristows and Candy Co, Lonka, TFF, Athole and more. However, we thought, since it is May half term and all, you might have a bit more time on your hands to try making your very own fudge from scratch.
After all, fudge is a fantastic sweet recipe that you can make with the children this half-term and makes for a delicious recipe (that you shouldn’t indulge too much in!).
Both children and adults alike, enjoy a culinary experiment making fudge. Take a look at the following recipe for some fabulous homemade fudge! Here’s our guide to how to make fudge from scratch from Appleton Sweets.
170g sugar (either caster, white granulated or demerara, depending on preference and what you have in the store cupboard!)
85g milk (some people prefer to use condensed milk for a really sweet, white chocolatey flavour)
42.5g choice ingredient (e.g. cocoa, raisins, peanut butter, salted caramel etc.)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a suitable baking tin.
- Put the sugar, choice ingredients and milk into a saucepan and stir. Turn on the hob and bring the combination of ingredients to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Note: Do not stir the fudge mix here.
- You’ll know when the mix is hot enough when you drop a bit of the mixture into cold water and it forms a solid ball, when you squeeze it between your fingers.
- Once hot enough, remove the mix from the heat.
- Add butter.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Thoroughly beat the mixture with a good old-fashioned wooden spoon until the fudge is no longer shiny.
- Pour into the baking tin.
- Cut the fudge into squares.
Don’t fancy making your own? Already tried (and failed!) to make the perfect homemade fudge?
Here’s our Top 10 choices of wholesale fudge from Appleton Sweets:
- Athole Scottish Tablet- for the true taste of Scotland!
- Candy Bros Chocolate Fudge- for the ultimate chocolatey treat!
- Candy Bros Rum & Raisin Fudge- rum? raisins? Speaks for itself!
- Bristows Wrapped Vanilla Fudge- great for sharing on-the-go.
- Candy Co Choc Mint Nougat- Mint chocolate? Yummy!
- Candy Co Liquorice Allsort Fudge- wow!
- Candy Co Salted Caramel Fudge – salted caramel is so on-trend right now!
- Lonka Fudge Crunch- fudge with an extra-crunchy hit!
- TFF Banoffee Fudge- who doesn’t love banoffee? The ultimate fudge flavour!
- TFF Jaffa Cake Fudge- Jaffa Cake is just one of the awesome flavours from TFF, others include Jammie Dodger, Jägermeister, Jelly Baby, Jelly Trifle and more.
Wholesale Fudge for Confectioners everywhere!
Feel free to browse our range of wholesale fudge from Appleton Sweets, we’re sure you’ll be impressed!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Click here to log in.